Decision Diamonds basic question

I am a bit confused how to get a DD to work.
I have 2 choices…either the record contains all tags or it does not.
I have tried tag1 and tag2 and tag3 and tag4 in one rule for both yes or no.
I have also tried tag1 and tag2 and tag3 and tag4 as separate rules for both yes or no. and a combination of separate and single rules fore each.
If it has all tags it works. If any tag is missing then nothing happens.
Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

My next step is to create a cascading sequence but it’s 18 tags so a long one doing it that way.

If you are saying:

If it has ANY of these tags, then you want to use “If Contact’s Tag contains XXX OR XXX OR XXX”
If you want to say it does NOT have ANY of these tags, then you want to use “If Contact’s Tag does not contain XXX AND XXX AND XXX”

If you want it to be it has ALL of the 18 tags, then you want to use “If Contact’s Tag contains XXX AND XXX AND XXX …”

When doing ‘contains’ you use AND (if you want all tags) and OR (if you only want at least one of them).
When doing ‘does not contain’ you want to use AND for ll of them.

See if that accomplishes what you want.

Thanks,
Jeff

No thats what is not working. I want it as ALL. When it has all the positive works. If one is missing neither the pos or neg works.

You have 18 tags.

You have 2 sequences after the DD:

• Seq1: Has All 18 tags
  • Seq2: Does not have all 18 tags

You are saying that if they have all tags, they go into Seq1.
Seq1: If contacts tags contains XXX AND XXX AND …

If you are going for an ‘all or nothing’, then:
Seq2: If contacts tags does not contain XXX AND XXX AND …

If you are saying it is missing any of the 18 tags, they go to Seq2.
Seq2: If contacts tags does not contain XXX OR XXX OR XXXX …

You can test the action using the ‘actions’ button in the top left.

Thanks,
Jeff

OK so the Or option worked. The help info says use and for multiples.

Doesn’t contain “A” OR “B”: This logic doesn’t work because the campaign will only check the first part of the rule. Decision diamonds work on computer logic, not human logic. When it comes to negative or missing item logic, you need to use AND between the options. This is because the system will only read the first item in your list and will ignore the rest if you use OR. In order for the system to check if the contact doesn’t have each of the items you provide in the diamond’s rule, you need to put an AND between each item. The proper way to set this up is Doesn’t contain “A AND B”…

I don’t write the software, I just use it. :wink:

Thanks,
Jeff

:rofl: :rofl:
Thanks. Really appreciate your input.