Advancing Contacts in Campaign

I recently rebuilt an existing campaign because the original was using the legacy email builder and I wanted to update it. Anyways, now I want to move the contacts from the original campaign into the updated campaign but they are all at different stages in the sequence. I tried moving one contact first and quickly realized that I might not be able to just switch contacts over quite so easily.
If I add contacts and then cancel the emails to try and get them to the same position, the next email is scheduled to send months from now when they should be receiving it in a week or two.
Is there any way to add contacts to a specific position in a campaign?
I’m assuming if I add them and then send the next email that they were scheduled to receive in the old campaign that it will simply send that email and not actually fast forward them to that position in the campaign?
I hope this makes sense, Any advice would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Matthew:

You are in for a huge headache. Not an easy way to do what you are wanting to do. Any time you mess with contacts in a campaigns and then start messing with timers, it can get ugly.

What you may want to do, though, is just replace the old emails with the new ones.

You can replace the emails in the old campaign with the new ones. If you go into the old campaign, drag a new email action under the old email, open the new email, go up and choose the action ‘copy from campaign’ and then copy the email from the corresponding email in the new campaign, then disconnect the old email and connect the new one, you would be basically just replacing the old legacy emails with the new versions and everyone would stay in place.

Quick video:
https://www.loom.com/share/9534dad427d04274bbc12a740858ca4e

Thanks,
Jeff

Hi Jeff

Thanks so much for the workaround! That actually shouldn’t take me too long to replace those emails. I really appreciate you for helping me out yet again!

Best regards
Matt

No problem. Probably saved you $100 worth of Tylenol.

Thanks,
Jeff