I updated a webform that asks for name, email, phone and a few other types of info. When I test this and click submit I get a note in the upper L corner saying "There were two errors: Invalid Email address used for Email, Invalid phone number for phone

@Karen_Meyers, I don’t see a field for Email or Phone - just a radio button option. You can’t submit any form without an Email. Where are those two fields on the form?

Send over the web form link and I can test.

Hello Cheryl,

I really appreciate your getting back to me!!! Here is a picture of what happened. Notice the upper L corner.

There are 4 webforms in series all linked together. Email and phone are entered into the first one (2.1). 2.1 name, email and phone are passed to 2.2 and so on as hidden fields. This was working fine up until last night when I added
webform 2.4. This error was showing up on the last webform 2.4 only, see below. I just deactivated this last webform and now there is no error. So, I’m going to recreate webform 2.4, make sure the Recaptcha is disabled, test that alone first and then link
it back to webform 2.3 and see if I have the same problem.

I believe this is associated with the Recaptcha. I had not disabled that feature when I first published the 2.4 webform. So I suspect this was the issue.

Have you seen this error before when people use the Recaptcha?

-Karen

image001.jpg

Hello Jeff,

I am so relieved that tech support is responding so quickly – thanks! I received an email from Cheryl Hunt and sent her some info.

I’ve deactivated the webform that I this was causing the problem and now this is working. I believe it was associated with the Recaptcha in the 4th of 4 webforms (2.4).

Please see below.

This is the webform URL:
https://3eo81cua.pages.infusionsoft.net/

You’ll start at webform 2.1 then go to 2.2 and finally to 2.3.

There was a 2.4 webform but I deactivated it and now this is working properly. I’m rebuilding 2.4 without the Recaptcha and will see if this will work.

This is what I sent her:

image001.jpg

image001.jpg

Glad to see it’s working now, Karen. I’m not tech support for Infusionsoft but the additional details make total sense that it was the Recaptcha :slight_smile:

I can not tell you how much of a relief this is to have it working.

Glad to hear that you think it may have been the Recaptcha as well.

We’ve sent out press releases, emails, notes on LinkedIn, webinars and many more notices are going out today and this week. We really need this to work!!

Thank you for responding so quickly!

-Karen

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

Hello and a big thanks to those who replied. This issue seems to be resolved. This is what I did:

It appears that the Recaptcha was enabled on the 4th of 4 sequential webforms. I disabled the Recaptcha and republished but the problem did not go away. I cleared cache, I used an incognito window etc but the problem was still there.
Finally, I deactivated the webform that was causing the problem and rebuilt it making sure the Recaptcha was disabled. Fortunately this webform was not complex. I republished the campaign and it is now working.
In the future when I create a webform I will first disable the Recaptcha and then complete the webform.

Perhaps Infusionsoft needs to look into the use of the Recaptcha because this could have been a serious impact for the program this campaign supports.

-Karen

So - it sounds like it is working?

Also, just for clarity, this is not tech support.

Support is available via chat inside the app. This is the community where Infusionsoft/Keap Certified Partners (like me and Cheryl) just help out other users. If you have immediate questions, support will almost always be faster, but the community usually can help with more complex issues.

Glad to hear it is working.

Jeff

Yes – it is working.

Thanks for the clarification regarding tech support vs the community. Tech support and chat are closed. This is the first time I’ve used the community and it was a relief to have someone familiar with Infusionsoft reply so quickly.

Have you seen similar issues with Recaptcha in webforms? Even after disabling it and republishing, I was still not able to get it to work. And, there were hidden name, email and phone fields in the 4th webform that were carried
forward from the first webform.

-Karen

image001.jpg

Your last sentence is the defining reason that your last webpage did not work. (I will indicate there is a difference between a ‘web form’ and a ‘landing page’. The initial link that you sent over was a landing page. Those work differently than web forms.

Quite often trying to feed information from one landing page to another does not work very well. I have the feeling your hidden fields were not reading any data therefore you were getting the error of having an invalid email in the data field.

Hi,

Actually the landing page did not have any forms. The webforms are used for data entry such as name, email, phone etc.

The landing page simply uses a button to move the person from the landing page into the first webform.

Could this set of steps still cause this type of issue?

Thanks for thinking through this!

Karen

Yes - unless you have a way to dynamically feed URL parameters into the button click, you are probably losing the client data as soon as they click the button.

So, when you are sending people to the landing page, you may have a parameter that feeds their email (url.com?email=jeff@4spotmarketing.com)

When they hit that landing page and click the button, they will just go to url.com/buttonclick. You would need a way to have that landing page ‘read’ and store their email address and feed it into the button click so that the button click would be url.com/buttonclick?email=jeff@4spotmarketing.com

That is a very ’next level’ thing that you would have to have created, so I’m sure that’s where the data integrity is breaking down.

Jeff

email-sig-storybrand-certified-guide-60.png

this is good too know, thanks!

I guess its confusing because they don’t enter their email into the landing page. It just functions as an outward facing webpage. They are sent to the landing page from a wide variety of sources. We’re not trying to capture their email in the landing page.
It’s mainly a mechanism to pass them to the first webform.

When they click the landing page button they are sent to the url of the first webform. Then, they are asked to type in enter their name, email etc, in that first webform immediately downstream of the landing page.

I appreciate all of your input and will think about this the next time I use landing pages. This is very valuable information!

Thanks for taking the time to go through these questions with me!

Karen