Email sync issues

Just chiming in here. Our IS synch stopped working on July 19th. We had 6 impacted users.

One of my team members called to complain and was essentially told since they didn’t see the issue, there was nothing to be done. This had happened before so we gave it a while. After two weeks i decided to really give it some earnest attention. It took several call over 2 days with about 3 hours on the phone total (most of it hold time or me checking email on another device while they took over my machine to make sure I really had updated browser, updated plugin, enabled IMAP, etc), but I did finally get this issues escalated from tech 1 to tech 2. It was super frustrating to me to have to spend so much time just trying to convince them of an issue, but I’m glad that in the end I did.

Since then it’s gone better as they work remotely and just check in over email. It’s been about 10 days since then - we now have 5 of 6 folks back on Synch. 6th person is still working with them to get it resolved.

All this to say, I think anytime there is an IS Synch issue we all need to rally together to convince them! Because it seems to take an awful lot to get them to believe something is wrong, but once they do it goes a little better.

1 Like