Field Timer Help Needed :D

Hey everyone! I have a predicament that I could use some input on. I’m trying to set up a campaign that triggers an email starting 4 months before to a ‘trip start date’. But also (and here’s where it gets tricky), for anyone who enters the campaign late - after the 4 month before mark, and up until the trip start date needs to also get the email.

I have these trip dates populated in custom date fields on the contact records. It would be great if I could set a field timer with a ‘between’ option, but that’s not an option with this timer. I thought maybe I could set up subsequent field timers to trigger every week after the 4 month before mark, but then people who are in there early would get the same email every week.

Basically, I need some solution to look for the ‘trip start date’ on the contact record, and send an email 4 months before that date, or up to the start date if the contact comes in later. I thought maybe PlusThis would have a solution - but I’m not finding it there. Does anyone have any ideas of how to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance!

Wouldn’t you be able to use the date timer with the field by using the x days before option? Setup 4 different lanes with the field timer for each (4 months, 3 months, 2 months and 1 month before)

1 Like

Stack two sequences - the timer goes in the first sequence, and the email in the second.

Anyone who enters before 4 months will queue in the first sequence until the appropriate time.

Anyone who enters within four months will process straight through the first sequence immediately (since the date is in the past) and get the step right away.

4 Likes

Thanks, this actually should do the trick! I’m not sure why this didn’t occur to me before - I got so stuck in the muck of the project, I didn’t think of something so simple :grin:

3 Likes