Adding Terms and Conditions to a Landing Page

I want my customers to be able to approve terms and conditions before continuing on to the shopping cart. So far I haven’t figured out a smooth path. Is a Landing page with the T&C’s the answer? If they click to buy the T&C’s should come next but then how do they continue on to the shopping cart after they accept? I was trying to put all of this into a campaign but I’m stumped.

Thank you so much! I’m hoping this isn’t the puzzle I think it is!

Linda

1 Like

Most of the time, it would be placed in the footer of the checkout page and be set to required in order to complete the purchase.

Put this code in the Custom Checkout Bottom HTML section

<div align=right><font size=4px><input id="checkBox" type="checkbox" required> “I agree to the <a href="http://www.google.com">Terms and Conditions</a>”</font></div>

1 Like

Hello Martin,

I have followed your directions and put this code in the Custom Checkout Bottom HTML section. I notice that you said it needs to be “set” to required. I didn’t see anywhere to “set” that requirement. I did notice that it says required within the code. Is that what you meant? How/where can I change the link so it will go to my Terms and Conditions page?

Thank you so much for your help!!!

Linda Napier

1 Like

You are correct. It is already set to required.

Change “http://www.google.com” to point to your own terms and conditions page.

Thank you!!!

Linda

1 Like

Hello,

I would like to add our terms and conditions to a shopping cart product, along with a checkbox next to “I agree to these Terms of Enrollment” that the user must check to complete the purchase.

Do you know how I can set this up?

Thanks,
Ryan

Hey, @Ryan_Herche. Directions for adding a terms and condition checkbox is above. You can add product-specific text in the description text areas when setting up a product. Check out step 6 of this article: Create a product | Max Classic

Thank you!!!

Hey Ryan , Did you sort this out?

If not this is how I did it.
I did it in the cart theme @Linda_Napier

• Go to Ecommerce>Ecommerce setup>DESIGN-Shopping Cart Themes>

• Click [Edit] on your active theme

• Click [HTML Areas] Tab

• Scroll down to the “Custom Checkout Bottom” Html field and then paste this code

(sorry about the pic of code I don’t know how to paste code into the comment)

• Change “kyrona.com/terms-conditions/” in line 13 of the code to your terms & conditions page

• finally click [save] and then [save all]

This should do the trick for you and save you the months of research I had to to find this Gem

P.S. please disregard the Cursor (I) in the middle of the page of code. It’s between the “):” and the “JQuery” in the pic of the code

There is no information at this link

Thanks for your followup, Darryn! I really appreciate that.

I was able to get it sorted out.

Ryan