Legacy Key Sunsetting

@Pav Thank you! I was able to chat with Keap and get screenshots of the API Calls User Agent. I see Customerhub in there. But I’m not sure what the others are…

I have only a few plugins installed on this site and Pocket Developer isn’t one of them.

I’m in cPanel and I don’t see any instances of “isdk.php” and “conn.cfg.php” Is there a specific folder they might be in?

@Becca_Olave / @Cheryl_Ragin / @Tim_Han, I have written a Guide to help identify the integrations via the link below.

@Becca_Olave, you have several integrations using the Legacy API Key. You should be able to fix CustomerHub by authorizing your connection. Have you heard of iSmartCommerce? Do you know if had any custom development done in the past, because you have an integration done in the Ruby language, which is not commonly used.

@Cheryl_Ragin, I have sent you a private message.

@Pav Thank you so much! That guide is so helpful! I haven’t heard of iSmartCommerce but I’m going to check with our team.

As a small business owner that is truly using Keap/IS more or less out of the box outside of CustomerHub, I have no clue what all these acronyms stand for nor do I feel super comfortable going into the code to change stuff. Is that your solution? I have followed your prompts and verified CH is connected. I now have a SAK but have no clue what to do with it. So now I wait to see if your “brown outs” disable my business? Seems short-sighted.

i noticed i was testing iSDK.php with PAT and SAK few days back and when i asked the logs from support these were included in logs file?

my question is is log including only legacy API call logs or using iSDK.php? im confused

@Customer_Support2, did you recently get an email from Keap saying that your account has used so many API Calls within a specified period? If not, then you are safe. If you have, can you share the details on the number of calls that were done. CustomerHub will require authorization to your Keap Account. No need for the Service Account Key here.

@pagedesigner, Keap Support should be supplying API Calls that have been made from the Legacy API Key, if you have asked for that? The Legacy API Key usage can come from a variety of places, depending what integrations have been done, so it is not just the Legacy iSDK. If you are testing things on a particular account, that just has the Legacy iSDK in use, then that would be the only integration still using it. If you have swapped it to PAT / SAK, then you would get a report of zero API Calls being reported.

I have not received an email about API calls. I did the reauthorization for CustomerHub yesterday. Thank you for the response.

Hey Marion - I just wanted to say THANK YOU for this. My head was spinning trying to figure out how to refactor old code to use the SAK and this was fantastic and is working great. Thanks as well to all the contributors in this threat, very helpful.

1 Like

@Andy_Michaels you’re welcome. Self preservation is a great motivator :smiley:

I previously submitted a support ticket (#03362108) regarding this inquiry nearly a week ago but have not yet received a response. So I would like to send it here as well.

We are in the process of transitioning our users from Legacy Keys to SAK/PAT authentication. However, the lower API limits associated with SAK/PAT are causing our users to frequently hit these limits, resulting in numerous support requests. We were advised that migrating to OAuth would address this problem. While we plan to gradually move our users to OAuth, we are concerned that the current limits of 150,000 queries per day and 1500 queries per minute are too low when shared across all of our Keap accounts.
Therefore, I have a few questions:

• What is the process for requesting a limit increase in this situation?
  • How long does it typically take for a limit increase request to be processed? We are worried that delays in support may disrupt our users’ experience.

Good afternoon Mark!

Our Advanced Support team ( to whom tickets are routed when submitted via developer.keap.com ) handles validation of adherence to our policies and good usage patterns, then manages the tier of quota assigned. They usually look at the last 30 days of usage to determine if an increase of quota is justified, and if it is “wide” across a large number of tenants instead of “tall” and only hitting a few excessively, which can unduly strain our platform if expanded. Since I’m not familiar with your use case ( and Legacy Key traffic is semi-anonymized ) I’m unable to make any sort of preliminary determination from my end.

I’m not sure what their queue looks like as it’s not my department, but if you DM me the ticket number once you have it submitted I can check on the review process.

Thanks!

• Tom Scott
    Keap API Engineer
1 Like

Good afternoon Tom,

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation and for offering to check on the ticket for us. We really appreciate your willingness to go the extra mile to help us resolve this issue.