Exporting contacts

Exporting some contacts from the CRM then delete them. Can I import them back using the exported file?

Yes, you can! It’s critical that when you export a list to include the contact ID. After you’re set with adding the data back into Infusionsoft using the same file, you’ll want to do a Data Cleanup (Admin > Data Cleanup > Modify Existing Records) rather than a literal Import.

1 Like

Thank you to your reply Cheryl.
Follow up question. Will the exported and deleted contacts behavior to email sent can still be monitored in email batch report?

If you delete the contacts, @Gary_Clark, all recording metrics regarding those contacts will be gone.

1 Like

Exporting contacts from infusionsoft will leave a copy of it in the CRM or exporting means it literally deletes it

Exporting never means deleting…on any platform. The only information that deletion happens is when a company exports CC information and must delete it from their server afterward due to PCI DSS compliance. I’ve never seen a product otherwise preform exports and delete. IS definitely does not delete with an export.

1 Like

Thank you John. I just wanted to make sure that it leaves a copy of the files in the CRM itself even after exporting. I am clear now. Thanks again :+1:

1 Like