XML-RPC Requests Showing as Legacy API Calls Despite Using OAuth Authentication

Hello Keap Developer Community,

We are in the process of upgrading from Keap Legacy API Keys to OAuth authentication. Our custom integration has been using OAuth from the beginning. However, we’ve encountered an issue where XML-RPC queries appear in the legacy API call report, despite being authenticated via OAuth.

Here is the report,
Screenshot 2024-08-14 at 5.53.23 PM

We are currently using the PHP SDK version 1.5.2. Given this, could anyone provide insights into why these XML-RPC requests are still being categorized under the legacy API key usage?

Any guidance or suggestions on how to resolve this discrepancy would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Khorshed Alam

Welcome @Khorshed_Alam, it points that you may have an integration running on the Legacy API Key, provided that report is based on the Legacy API Key usage?

Did you get an email from Keap indicating the number of API Calls that were done in the previous 30 day period? If so, can you report on the number of API Calls being done.

You ask Keap Support to give a detailed API Calls List that contain the IP Addresses. You can then check online to see where they are originating from.

I have written a guide via the link below to help identify things.

1 Like

Good morning Korshed,

For clarity, there are two levels of reporting we can provide:

• Apache webaccess logging, which traps the userAgent and caller IP address.
  • Application logging, which traps process and functional information.

The screenshot you provided indicates the results are from the first source, which can not differentiate the caller based on the specific payloads. You will see both Legacy Key and OAuth traffic on those reports.

The second source, since it happens after the authentication is verified and parsed, can exclude OAuth traffic and provide an accurate answer to the question if you have any usage of the Legacy Key at all, but would not include userAgents or caller IP addresses.

1 Like

Good morning Tom,

Thank you for clarifying the two levels of reporting.

I’ve reached out to Support Chat to request this specific report, but they mentioned they cannot pull it. Could you please guide me on how I can access the application logging report? Any steps or contacts you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your assistance!

Best regards,
Khorshed

Support can you get you the data. I am not sure if chat support can depending on what time of day you chat in. The data will be a subset of the data you already posted. The calls might be coming from a integration you have and not necessarily the code you have written yourself.